Monday 18 July 2011

Provence - Friday, 1st July

Well apparently it was market day in Carpentras today, but I wouldn’t know, because I didn’t get to go!  (It was very crowded, not a place for little bears, and anyway, I didn’t take the rucksack that you hitch a lift in – LT)
Anywho, she came back with some fabric, so I got it all out to have a play with it:


We sat around all afternoon then, building ourselves up for a big dinner at Le Mas Des Vignes, everyone’s favourite restaurant ‘up the hill’.  Which hill?  There’s loads of them round here!  (Mont Ventoux, the ‘big one’ – LT).
Here I am guarding the wine.  Oh, and the water too, but that doesn’t really count:


I enjoyed the first course of aubergine caviar with toast, and roast pork with girolle mushrooms and polenta, but as everyone knows, I was really only here for the dessert.  In this case it was caramel ice cream on pain d’epice, or spice bread, which was rather yummy:


It would have been rude not to try the chocolate delice with fresh strawberry sorbet that LT’s mum and dad were having too:


Then I latched onto the macaroons and the pomegranate marshmallows, no-one would notice a few of them missing, right?


There was a really nice sunset, and LT was kicking herself for not bringing her camera (I thought we’d be sitting inside with the wind blowing as hard as it was! – LT).  But they’re going to come back tomorrow and stop just down the road for another go.  I’m starting to notice a theme developing here with the sunsets...

2 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Jack,

Hm, more disappointments I see. Well, little bear, I think you are on the right track - wine & sweets. Yup, you've got it.

About those sunsets and LT????

Hugs

Alan said...

Well, of course we did get out LT and me. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and the wine JAck.
Alan