Saturday 2 April 2011

Doolin - Day 4

The final day, and driving home :o(  We had to get up very early so that we'd be back in Derry in time for the flight home.




We waved goodbye to the cottage and to Stephen and Martin (Pete had already run away somewhere) and headed north again.  Phew, no roadworks this time, so we got to stop in Donegal town for lunch on the way back.  Chris knew this pub we just *had* to stop in.

I perused the menu, but it all looked a bit much for me, so LT said she'd share hers:




Man, this baked potato is bigger than me!




Still, we managed to finish all our lunch and made it to the airport in plenty of time for the flight home.  I wanted to look out the window on the train, but we ended up getting on at rush hour, so I had to just hang out in LT's pocket.

I wonder where the next adventure will be...

4 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Jack,

Boy, I bet you were tired when you and LT got home. That was some big adventure.

Please thank LT for the lovely picture of us on your sidebar with the linky thinky to our Blog. That is just so nice of you (both).

Heaps of Hugs
Prudence

Leny said...

Great adventure,the lunch looks very Irish!

Hugs,Lenyx

Lynette Killam said...

What a grand wee break! My driving companions in County Clare were a bit dull...I do wish I had a great bear like you to travel with.

Thanks for sharing, Jack, and I do hope you find more adventures to get into soon....:)

Katy Cameron said...

I would like to thank all my fans for following my first grand adventure. For my next trip, I'm planning to go to Dunkeld and Pitlochry this weekend. Let's hope it's stopped raining by then...

Jack